Friday, August 28, 2009

A Separate Peace

First off, I am not sure if this is late, or how late it is. After reading A Separate Peace I noticed some similarities with it and another book in the same time period. The Diary of Anne Frank is really similar in the format of this story. A Separate Peace has kind of the same format because there is a flashback to when the characters were young. Sadly, Anne Frank was found out in the other story and was captured by the Nazi's that the Americans were fighting. I also felt that in the beginning of the book that Devon was based in England. I don't know why I thought that now. Overall, I thought that the book A Separate Peace was a pretty good and that it was much easier to follow than Huck Finn. I think that this is partially based on when each of the books was written and where the authors were from. What do the rest of you guys think about this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are being monitored for school appropriateness; therefore, your comments will not appear immediately. Thank you for your patience.