Monday, August 17, 2009

Huck Finn (Late... so sorry!!)

I would like to apologize for this being so late. Overall I thought this book was alright. It isn't something I would have picked out and it is something I wouldnt want to read it. I found it really hard to follow with the older english and with all of the slang that was going on, especially whenever Jim talked. This did have a good story line though in which how Huck grew up with a hard life. His father was controlling and very demanding of him. He had to rely on himself to survive. Huck was also very sneaking. His escape from the cabin was well thought and and well devised. I thought it was really impressive for a kid his age.
I do like how Twain writes though. He really goes in depth and describes every single detail to you. At times the book seemed to drag on because of this. I usually don't like how authors put the scenes into your head, but this book was an exception. Since it was so hard to follow, you could almost visualize everything happening and still understand it, even if you couldn't understand the writing.
I actually am kind of looking forward to reading some more Twain books this year. I don't know if we are going to or not though. How do the rest of you feel? Do you agree with me or am I just the opposite of you?

1 comment:

  1. Mark Twain is a great author. He's just too descriptive for me. I have read Tom Sawyer and liked that book, but I just couldn't get into Huck Finn.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are being monitored for school appropriateness; therefore, your comments will not appear immediately. Thank you for your patience.