Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Separate Peace... with Connections.

I know I have missed a lot the first time through with A Separate Peace. The connections gave me a better idea but I'm still not getting the full picture. My Brother's Keeper was the only story that I could understand the revelance to A Separate Peace. Jamie discovered that he could not take care of his brother forever and still be able to live his own life. He had to move on and let Ted take responsibility for his actions. Gene didn't give himself much of a choice in the matter with taking care of Finny. It wasn't until Finny's death that Gene was able to begin finding peace from the guilt. Jamie knew the relationship with his brother would be different from then on but he could now take full control into his own life as did Gene when the reminder of his guilt was gone for good.

What did everyone else get from the connections?

1 comment:

  1. I read Richard Wilbur's, "The Pardon," and it seemed to me that the poem is about being haunted by guilt, or loss. When a ten year old boy's dog was found dead, and his dad buried it, he dreamed that it crawled out of the grave. It concluded saying essentially that whether or not the dream had some meaning, it was time to let it go and move on.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are being monitored for school appropriateness; therefore, your comments will not appear immediately. Thank you for your patience.