Friday, August 21, 2009

If...

Like everyone else I really enjoyed this book. I didn't think I would like it , but I was pleasantly surprised. I think the characters were very easy to connect with. I found this book so much easier to read then Huck Finn.
I don't know about everyone else but I always ask, "what if..." when I read. In this book I couldn't help but notice we heard everything from Gene's point of view. What if the book was told by Finny? That question makes me think of more... like did Finny know from the beginning that Gene was the reason he fell? What if the story of Gene and Finny was told through some like Leper? I might be the only one who does this but wouldn't the story be completely different if it was told by another person? I personally felt that I connected most with Gene, but what if that is only because I got to read his thoughts and not another characters...
All these questions really make you think, eh?
Well what I guess what I'm really trying to ask is, if this book was told through another character (it doesn't have to be anyone important) who would it be and how do you think it would change the story line or theme of the book?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is any other character who could have told the same story and ended up with the same lasting effect on the reader. Like we've discussed on past topics, everyone's perspective of something would be different either in a small or large way. Our thoughts and perceptions are influenced on by past encounters, emotions, and events.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are being monitored for school appropriateness; therefore, your comments will not appear immediately. Thank you for your patience.